Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Ideas

The countdown till christmas is on and while I have not started my shopping I have been making some christmas decorations for ideas at Scrapbook Savvy.

The first one is a Christmas mini book.
I usually never get around to scrapping all the photos from christmas, so I wanted to make a mini book that I could just add the photos to and do some journalling in. Then I can also hang the mini book on the tree each year as a decoration, and a great way to remember the years together and how much the kids are growing. It is very quick and easy to make a mini book to record the events of christmas day. I have used the fancy pants Happy holidays cards, pink & green ball trim & ribbon, kaiser rhinestones & brads, glitter & buttons.

This is a wreath I made from Queen & Co vine felt, ribbon, kaisercraft brad, hambly screen print cut out and Merry Christmas added, and some pink glittered fern I found at Big W.And lastly try using a Maya Road clear mini album to create some decorations for the tree. I have simply added kaisercraft rubons, glitter, alcohol inks, ribbon and trims, dimensional magic and kaisercraft brads to make this set of cute decorations.


Hope this might give you some ideas to make for christmas. If you do I would love to see, maybe post a comment and leave the link to your creations so I can check them out.
Renee xx

7 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

loving those xmas decorations, totally gorgeous

Susan Longman said...

I absolutely love the mini albums ...I wish I could put them together as well .

Anonymous said...

Renee those christmas decorations are lovely. I just had a look at your items on Madeit, they are just gorgeous. I just joined too to hopefully sell some paintings. (I can't seem to leave comments connected to my Typepad blog so this has come from my old blogger blog - not sure what is happening there.) I have been a bit slack at doing Scrap Saavy challenges lately - must get back there, its a great community!

Unknown said...

HELLO Renee!!!
I was blog hopping and I FOUND you!!! WOW small world, cool blog, your singlets ROCK I adore them and your pages are inspiring!

off to put you into bloglines now!
talk soon I am sure

belinda

Anonymous said...

Renee, that wreath is stunning hon. I thought that was gorgeous enough then I saw your shabby chic tops at your shop. OMG they are just beautiful and would look gorgeous on my little girls. So pretty and feminine better go over and have a look. Glad I found you. Keep in touch.

Steph xo

Anonymous said...

Sorry me again..... can you please email me so I can get in touch with you... ta. xo steph xo

Anonymous said...

LOVE the chrissie projects Renee - that wreath is stunning!!!
Great idea with the mini books also being hung on the tree.

Julie xx